Turkey rice and vegetables. This Southwest Turkey, Vegetable and Rice Skillet is creamy, cheesy, full of vegetables, lean ground turkey and brown rice. It's sure to become a family favorite! It's the first week back to school here in Denver and that means quick and easy weeknight dinners are back on the menu.
My kids are not fans of vegetables. Well, quite frankly that is an understatement. Thanksgiving turkey leftovers have never been so delicious. You can have Turkey rice and vegetables by using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can make that:
Ingredients of Turkey rice and vegetables
- Prepare 2 cups of diced carrots.
- It’s 2 cups of diced celery.
- Prepare 2 cups of diced cooked turkey or chicken.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of broth.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked rice.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Wild rice adds a nutty flavor–plus extra protein and fiber–to this creamy, hearty soup. Try this easy, healthy turkey recipe to help you use your holiday extras. In a large pot over medium heat brown bacon until crispy and fat is rendered. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
Turkey rice and vegetables instructions
- Melt butter in pan then add carrots and celery. Cook til vegetables are soft.
- Add broth, water and turkey bring to a boil then add cooked rice and salt and pepper..
- Simmer for 10 mins. Then let sit for 10 mins so the rice has time to soak up some of the broth. Then enjoy..
Stir in the rice, turkey and vegetables. Spray large skillet with vegetable spray and place turkey mixture in pan. Over medium-high heat cook and stir Turkey until browned; drain well. Add the Turkey back into the pan and mix. Sprinkle rice over mixture and pour in Chicken broth.