Stingray with Spicy Gravy.
You can cook Stingray with Spicy Gravy using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stingray with Spicy Gravy
- It’s 1 of medium stingray fish – cut into pieces.
- You need 1 of large onion – thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of tomatoes – slices.
- Prepare 3 of green chili – cut into slices.
- It’s 3 of stems of curry leaves.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic and 1 inch ginger – blend/mash/grated.
- You need 3 of baby corn – cut small.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish curry powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of spices mix (fenugreek, fennel, mustard seed, cumin and urad).
- You need 1 cup of tamarind water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of thin coconut milk.
- It’s of Mixture of 1 cup evaporated lowfat milk with 1/2 sliced onions and tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need of For garnish; slices of onions, gren chilies and curry leaves.
Stingray with Spicy Gravy instructions
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- For tamarind water: Take lemon size of tamarind. Add ½ cup of hot water over the tamarind. Soak the tamarind for about 10 minutes. This process helps to soften the tamarind. Next step use fingers to mash the tamarind into the water until it is completely soft. This helps to extract the juice from the tamarind. Next, strain the tamarind water into another bowl. Add another 1/2 cup of water and mash the pulp once again to make more tamarind water. The tamarind water is now ready for use in gravy..
- To remove the fishy smells from the stingray, soak the fish pieces for 30 minutes with 1 tbsp salt and a handful tamarind. Then wash well..
- Heat oil, add mix spices, onion, tomato green chilli and curry leaves. Saute well. Next add ginger and garlic paste and baby corn. Sauté again for 1 to 2 min..
- Next add all 3 types of curry powder and other spices powder. Give it a stir. Then add water and salt. Slowly stir everything together..
- Bring to boil. Over in low flame, cook until the traces of oil appear on the surface. Once the oil separates, add tamarind juice and thin coconut milk. Stir and let boil for few minutes..
- Then add evaporated low-fat milk mixture. Let boil for 2 to 3 min again..
- Once gravy thicken slightly, add the fish 1 by 1 and simmer until cooked through. Cook on medium flame. Don't stir too hard. The fish breaks easily if stir too much. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Lastly sprinkle the sliced onion, green chili and curry leaves over the gravy to enhance the aroma. Turn off the flame when the green chili changes its color. Serve with hot rice..