Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins.
You can have Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins
- It’s 1 lb of macaroni noodles.
- You need 2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 4 T of butter.
- You need 2 T of flour.
- It’s 2 C of milk.
- You need 1 of roasted red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of jalapeños; small dice.
- Prepare 1 of red onion; small dice.
- You need 1 C of sweet corn.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 t of smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 t of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 t of cumin.
- You need 1/2 t of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 box of Jiffy corn mix.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/3 C of milk.
- Prepare as needed of vegetable oil.
- It’s as needed of olive oil.
- You need as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins step by step
- Cook noodles until al dente in boiling, salted water. Drain. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil or melted butter over the noodles..
- Heat a medium sized saucepot with no oil or butter. Add ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder..
- Lay jalapeños and half the onions atop beef. Cook both sides over high heat until browned..
- Add diced tomatoes. Stir. Cook 2 minutes. Add corn and fold in..
- Melt 4 T butter in a seperate saucepot. When butter begins to slightly bubble, add flour slowly while whisking. Cook 1 minute. Add milk while whisking. Continue to whisk and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until mixture reduces slightly..
- Puree roasted bell pepper with a pinch of salt, sugar, and enough olive oil just for a smooth consistency, about a tablespoon..
- Add bell pepper puree and cheese slowly while whisking. Cook 2 minutes..
- Combine cheese sauce, beef, and noodles. Stir together..
- For corn muffins, pour enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of a small saute pan. Add remaining onions and a pinch of salt and sugar. Cook on high heat for 1 minute, then reduce to low heat and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Follow instructions for Jiffy corn muffins and fold in caramelized onions..
- Variations; Bell peppers, poblano, ancho, habanero, bacon, paprika, smoked cumin, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, coriander, zucchini, yellow squash, scallions, chives, spinach, arugula, asiago, fontina, gruyere, parmesean, romano, heavy cream, chihuahua cheese, chili powder, serrano, chipotle, garlic, shallots, pearl onion, piquillo peppers, avocado, coconut, butternut squash.