Mandarin Onion Chicken.
You can have Mandarin Onion Chicken using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mandarin Onion Chicken
- It’s 4 of chicken thighs (or your chicken of preference).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need 1 can (11 oz.) of mandarin oranges drained.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
Mandarin Onion Chicken step by step
- Put your chicken on a plate or in a bowl and cover with, soy sauce, lime jucie and dry spices. Let marinate for 10-20 minutes..
- Mean while chop the onion, mince the garlic, open and drain the mandarin oranges..
- Heat a pot large enough to hold your chicken on medium heat.
- When the pan is hot pour some olive oil in and swirl it around..
- Add the chicken and marinating juices to the pot. On top add chopped onion, drained mandarin oranges, and minced garlic..
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes on medium.
- After the 15 minutes, flip chicken and cook for 15 more minutes covered on the other side..
- The mandarin sauce should have thickened and onions and oranges cooked down. Serve with rice or coconut rice (see recipe) and vegetables. Pour extra sauce over chicken and rice 😄.
- I always check my chicken by cutting open a piece, to see if it is cooked all the way..ya know, just in case. The 15 minutes on both sides covered did cook the chicken thighs all the way. 👍.