Toffee almond butter chews (beautiful disaster recipe). This fool-proof almond butter toffee is slathered with dark chocolate and roasted almonds, and is unbelievably easy to make. If you're not sold yet, the best part of this almond butter toffee is that it's ridiculously easy to make. Butter, water, corn syrup and sugar just get boiled together until they reach.
This recipe moves quickly, so be sure to have all of the ingredients and tools ready before you begin cooking. This buttery almond toffee is easy and delicious and can make the perfect homemade holiday gift. The honey makes the almond butter a little sweet and that much more yummier! You can cook Toffee almond butter chews (beautiful disaster recipe) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Toffee almond butter chews (beautiful disaster recipe)
- Prepare 6 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 2 cups of chopped almonds.
- Prepare 2 sticks of softened butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of water.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 of tap baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Sprinkle of sea salt or finish salt.
A great, healthy alternative to peanut butter! World's Best Almond Toffee: I grew up getting a box of Enstrom's Almond Toffee every year for Christmas from my Grandmother. Eventually, that stopped and there was a void in my life. I tracked this recipe down and find that it produces toffee just as good as I remember.
Toffee almond butter chews (beautiful disaster recipe) instructions
- Add 1/2 the chopped almonds to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a small sauce pan add butter, salt, water, sugar, & brown sugar. Heat on medium til it boils constantly stirring. Boil for until temp reaches 280 (don’t go past this or it’ll turn into hard toffee. You don’t want it to turn dark like peanut butter color. Keep it light to be chewy).
- Quickly add baking soda and vanilla extract and stir well and pour over almonds.
- While it’s still warm add the chocolate chips on top. Let sit for 1 min to soften then spread with offset spatula..
- While chocolate is still melted add finishing salt and the rest of the chopped almonds. Use spatula to press the almonds down into the chocolate..
- Let cool for a few hours then use a pizza cuter and metal spatula to cut and loosen the pieces. Enjoy!.
Almond butter toffee is, without question, the George Clooney of toffees. You could even make them gluten-free quite easily too. Get the Bourbon Caramel Almond Butter Cups recipe by Minimalist Baker. I use almond butter to make coconut no bake cookies which are a favorite at my house. Almond butter also makes a great topping on almond flour pancakes and can be added to smoothies to boost nutrients and give a rich, nutty flavor.