Lower Fat Creamy Alfredo. If you are searching for a delicious lower fat white sauce or alfredo sauce don't look any further this one is it! —serve over cooked pasta passing more Parmesan cheese at the table, adjust the garlic to suit taste. There are several good low fat substitutes for heavy cream in alfredo sauce. There are lots of substitutes that can be tested for Alfredo sauce that can still give creamy results.
Home > Recipes > Low Fat > Lo-Fat Creamy Chicken Penne Alfredo. Cook and stir over low heat until cream cheese is melted. You can keep the Alfredo sauce extra creamy by mixing low-fat or non-fat versions of sour cream, plain yogurt, Greek yogurt or cream cheese with either chicken broth or milk to get your sauce the proper consistency. You can have Lower Fat Creamy Alfredo using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lower Fat Creamy Alfredo
- You need 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of salt/pepper to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of 2% milk.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of chicken, shrimp or crab meat.
- It’s 1 packages of fettuccine noodles.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
Greek yogurt will provide more protein than regular yogurt. — The low-fat cream cheese added extra creaminess but the tang from it added a bitter aftertaste. It made such a creamy sauce while saving a ton of calories and fat. It is perfect in this low-fat alfredo sauce. The WINNER of the Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce competition contained the.
Lower Fat Creamy Alfredo instructions
- Cook meat. For crab/shrimp, I boil for 5 min in water with a little lemon pepper, 5-8 peppercorns, and 2-3 bay leaves. For chicken, I toss into a skillet laced with olive oil and brown with a little salt and pepper..
- Boil fettuccine noodles according to package instructions..
- In a jar or other container with a sealable lid, add flour to 1/8 cup of the chicken broth. Place the lid on and shake until the flour is completely blended with the broth..
- Combine remaining chicken broth and milk in saucepan over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder (stir frequently)..
- When the broth/milk mixture approaches boil (edges start to turn frothy), give the flour/broth mixture one final shake and pour into broth/milk. Continue to cook, while whisking until starts to thicken. Reduce heat to low and stir until a nice alfredo consistency. Add the Parmesan cheese and turn off the heat..
- Toss in the noodles, meat and eat!.
I went to my low-fat chicken Alfredo and spiced it up with what I call Cajun spicing. Moderately spicy, creamy, and rich, this Chicken Alfredo is my low-fat take on this classic Italian dish. Just follow these step by step photo instructions. This Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is creamy and delicious, while being deceptively simple! This low-fat creamy sauce is dairy-free and nut-free, making it the perfect topping for your favorite pasta or vegetables.