You can cook Fish Gravy using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish Gravy
- You need 1 lb of salmon or any fish.
- You need of To sauté and grind.
- Prepare 2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 4 of garlic pods.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of For the gravy.
- It’s 3 of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 5 tsp of homemade kulambu milagai thool (or replace with 2 tsp chilly powder and 2 tsp coriander powder).
- You need of Tamarind water(water extracted from 1 Big lemon size tamarind).
- It’s of Salt as required.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of To garnish.
- Prepare 4 of stem coriander leaves.
Fish Gravy instructions
- Wash and keep the fish aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add in onion and garlic. sauté well. Add in tomato and sauté until it turns mushy and soft. Switch off the flame and add fennel seeds and coconut. Cool it and grind it into smooth paste.
- Heat a pan with oil. Sauté onion until oil separates. Add in tomato and sauté until it turns mushy and soft. Add in salt and spice powder. Mix well. Add ground paste and tamarind water. Bring it to boil. Let it boil until raw smell goes away or until gravy gets little thicken. Add in fish pieces and cook it for 5-10 mins. (When you start seeing the bubbles switch off the flame.).
- Serve with rice, idli or dosa..