Cajun Shrimp Pasta.
You can cook Cajun Shrimp Pasta using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Prepare 1/2 lb of large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed.
- It’s 1/2 lb of andouille sausage.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 of medium yellow onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of – 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 12 ounces of fettuccine.
- You need of Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- You need of Grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, for serving.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta instructions
- Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta..
- Toss shrimp with 1 – 2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning and coat well Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle bottom of pan with olive oil.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or so until starting to curl Flip shrimp over and cook another minute or two and then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Drizzle pan with a little more olive oil, add sausage and brown until nicely caramelized, about 4 – 5 minutes Remove to plate, set aside.
- Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Lower heat to medium and add another good drizzle of olive oil to the pan, add the onion, red bell pepper, thyme, smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, brown sugar and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté until onion and pepper have softened a bit, scraping up any browned bits that you can.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan, simmer a couple minutes.
- Add cream and stir to combine, bring to a simmer Once simmering, add cooked pasta and andouille sausage and stir to combine and heat through, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add more chicken broth or cream if it seems dry or you’the like more sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste and then lastly, add blackened shrimp and combine, or place shrimp on top of pasta.
- Sprinkle with some more freshly cracked black pepper, grated Parmesan and chopped parsley.