Peppermint Cake Roll.
You can cook Peppermint Cake Roll using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peppermint Cake Roll
- Prepare 1 box of Angel food cake mix.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 8 oz of Cool whip.
- It’s 1/3 cup of crushed peppermint hard candies.
- You need 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 2 of drops red food coloring.
Peppermint Cake Roll instructions
- Heat oven to 350°F..
- Prepare cake mix according to pkg directions. Spread half the batter in a 15 1/2×10 1/2×1 inch jelly roll pan/cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Spread remaining batter in a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake until top springs back when touched, jelly roll 20-25 minutes, loaf 45-50 minutes..
- Cool jelly roll for 10 minutes. Invert onto waxed paper sprinkled with powdered sugar. Peel off waxed paper. While hot, roll cake & waxed paper from the narrow end. Cool on wire rack..
- Cool loaf pan on its side to cool completely. Remove from pan. Freeze for future use..
- Fold cool whip, crushed peppermints, chocolate chips, & food coloring together in medium bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup of the cool whip mixture for topping..
- Unroll cake. Spread remaining cool whip mixture over cake. Roll up. Place on serving tray/platter. Top with reserved topping..