Spicy Steamed Eggplant & Tofu Salad with Ginger Soy Sauce. If you're not sure how to set up I am used to the deep fried spicy eggplant and can't wait to try the steamed eggplant recipe, a. Eggplant, garlic, green onion, ground black pepper, hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, onion, salt, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, vegetable oil. I read about this method of steam-cooking eggplants in the microwave in a Japanese magazine Here they are served cold with a spicy peanut sauce, which makes it a very nice vegetarian/vegan.
If they are too large in diameter, you will need to cut. A recipe for velvety steamed eggplant in a spicy chilli oil sauce. When the eggplant has cooked, transfer it on to the plate that you intend to serve the dish on and set it aside. You can cook Spicy Steamed Eggplant & Tofu Salad with Ginger Soy Sauce using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Steamed Eggplant & Tofu Salad with Ginger Soy Sauce
- You need 1 of eggplant (you can use more).
- Prepare 1 pack of silk tofu (optional).
- It’s of Sliced bell peppers (optional).
- It’s of Sliced jalapeño (optional).
- Prepare of Chopped cilantro or green onion as your preferred.
- You need of Seasoning:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce (less or more).
- It’s of Chopped Thai chili (optional) you can substitute with chili flakes if you like.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger powder or you can use fresh grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Chicken powder or mushrooms powder.
- You need of Sesame oil (I don’t use).
Steamed eggplant is tossed in a spicy garlic sauce. Eat with rice, or as part of a larger meal. This is a wonderful Chinese side dish that is also vegan. Steamed eggplant is tossed in a spicy garlic sauce.
Spicy Steamed Eggplant & Tofu Salad with Ginger Soy Sauce instructions
- Boil a water in the steamer. Wash the eggplant drain up and cut into 3-4” long..
- Rinse and pat dry the tofu. Cut it as you desired..
- When the water is boiled then place the eggplants and tofu, steam for about 10-12 minutes until the eggplant cooked through or soft. (You can steam the eggplant and tofu separately if you want).
- Transfer out and arrange it into a plate. Sprinkle bell paper and jalapeño on top..
- Make a sauce by adding soy sauce, ginger, chicken powder in the bowl. Mixed well. Add chopped Thai chili or clili flakes and sesame oil if you use it. Add half of the cilantro. Combined well, and pour on top the eggplant salad..
- Lastly sprinkle the rest of the cilantro as a decoration. And it’s done ✅ Enjoy the Spicy Steamed eggplant and tofu salad along with ginger soy sauce..
- ❤️Happy Cooking❤️.
If using baby eggplant, peel them. Place in a steamer basket set over a pan of simmering water. Transfer eggplants to a platter, cut side up. Steamed Japanese Eggplant with Spicy Green Onion-Ginger Sauce. Small Japanese eggplants are cut into "sticks" and barely steamed for a crisp-tender side dish that's good with fish.