Kolkata style Chicken Briyani. Easy to make Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor Log on to www.daawat.com for more! Try this recipe of Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani and everybody will remember you. I had to try my hand at it.
How to make Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani Recipe. Kolkata style Chicken Biryani is much lighter on spices and serving potato with meat is the speciality of Kolkata Biryani. Calcutta or Kolkata style Chicken Biryani is a mixed rice dish inspired by Awadhi cuisine. You can have Kolkata style Chicken Briyani using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kolkata style Chicken Briyani
- You need 1 kg of chicken.
- It’s 4 of potatoes.
- It’s 500 gm of Basmati rice.
- It’s 3 of medium size slice onions.
- It’s as needed of oil for frying the birista and cooking.
- Prepare 1 cup of curd.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger and garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of birista (fried onion).
- You need 1 tsp of Kewra water.
- You need 1 tsp of rose water.
- You need 1 tsp of meetha attar.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- You need 2 tsp of briyani masala powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 5 piece of alubukhara (dried plums).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated khoya.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cuo of milk.
- You need pinch of saffron strands.
- It’s 2 tsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 4 tsp of melted ghee.
Authentic Indian Bengali Kolkata or Calcutta style Mughlai chicken dum biryani recipe, learn how to make or cook delicious, aromatic chicken dum biryani step by step. Today I am gonna post about my favorite dish here which is Kolkata style Chicken Dum Biryani. I am madly in love with this. Biryani ranks at the top of my favourite food list.
Kolkata style Chicken Briyani step by step
- First make birista for deep fry the slices onions till slightly golden in color then fry the potatoes once done keep it aside..
- Then marinate the chicken for this in a large mixing bowl mix together curd,ginger garlic paste,red chili powder, birista,kewra water,salt,biryani masala powder,pepper powder then add chicken pieces keep it aside for few hours,soak the rice for 30 minutes..
- Then heat a kadhai add some oil then add the marinated chicken pieces add the potatoes cook it on a low medium flame till it done.
- Now separate the chicken pieces and little gravy contain in it, set the kadhai grease it with some ghee then boil the rice with whole garam masala parboiled the rice, now assemble everything together..
- Some chicken pieces,potatoes,dried plum sprinkle with some biryani masala powder,grated khoya put some rice then soaked saffron milk mixture then again layered with rice sprinkle with biryani masala powder,grated khoya milk essence mixture melted butter ghee mixture and birista..
- Cover it with aluminum foil then put the lid on it cook it on very low flame for 35 minutes then turn off the heat keep it aside for 30 minutes then serve hot..
Whenever there is a special occasion in my house, the very first dish comes to my mind is Biryani. It is a very well known Mughlai dish, cooked with meat and rice in dum. Kolkata Chicken Biryani or Bengali style Chicken Dum Biryani is an epitome of indulgence in delicate delicious food. Typical Kolkata biryani which is adopted from Awadhi style Biryani. Calcutta Style Chicken Biryani is quite distinct in flavour among the other famous regional biryani recipes and stands out with the use of potato in the To start preparing this delicious Calcutta Style Chicken Biryani Recipe, marinate the chicken pieces with curd, red chilli powder, turmeric and salt.