Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce (Indonesian Ayam Kecap). Ayam Kecap, seperti umumnya masakan berbahan dasar ayam dapat diolah dengan cepat dan mudah. Sering kali menjadi pilihan favorit di rumah, karena rasanya. Ayam kecap pedas is an Indonesian take on Chinese chicken in ginger and soy sauce.
Stir fry, noodles, fried rice…and believe it or not, my own concoction of Chinese stew (may share in another time). Kecap Manis (Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce)Daring Gourmet. Ayam Kecap Pedas – Chicken in Spicy Sweet Soy SauceDaily Cooking Quest. You can have Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce (Indonesian Ayam Kecap) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce (Indonesian Ayam Kecap)
- You need 1/2 kg of chicken.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sweet soy sauce (kecap ABC).
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 230 ml of water.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- You need of Fried shallot.
- Prepare of Spring onion.
Sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis) is a sweetened aromatic soy sauce, originating in Indonesia, which has a darker color, a viscous syrupy consistency and a molasses-like flavor due to the generous addition of palm sugar. Kecap manis is widely used with satay. This authentic Kecap Manis recipe is easy to make and is superbly versatile and delicious! If you brush on the sauce too soon you ll end up with burned skewers waiting for the chicken to cook.
Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce (Indonesian Ayam Kecap) instructions
- Dice the garlic and onion into small cubes.
- Heat the pan under medium heat and put the garlic and onion until golden brown. At the same time, boil eggs until floating..
- Put the chicken into the pan and add the water. Wait until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the eggs, sweet soy sauce, ketchup, and salt. Taste it based on your preference..
- Mix well for half an hour, still occasionally.
- Add fried shallots and spring onion as garnish.
I bought a bottle of kecap manis for this recipe (not a staple in my pantry) and for any others who aren t. Kecap manis [pronounced: ketchup MAH-nees] is an Indonesian sweet soy sauce and ubiquitous ingredient in Indonesian cooking especially Java. You may see two other different spellings beside kecap; kicap and ketjap. Kicap is used by the Malaysian while ketjap is used by the Dutch. Learn how to make authentic sate ayam bumbu kacang served with delicious peanut sauce that you want to drizzle on It gives me a cringe when I'm served sate made with chicken breast.