Sloppy Joes with Meatballs.
You can have Sloppy Joes with Meatballs using 30 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joes with Meatballs
- You need of Meatball #1.
- You need 1/2 pound of pork bulk sausage.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fennel seed.
- It’s of Meatball #2.
- You need 1/4 pound of pork bulk sausage.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Italian seasonings.
- It’s of Meatball #3.
- It’s 1/4 pound of pork bulk sausage.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Italian seasonings.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need of Sloppy Joe.
- Prepare 2 pound of ground beef.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of diced onion.
- You need 15 ounces of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of yellow prepared mustard.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of country French dressing I used Ken's Steakhouse.
- You need 2 tablespoons of capers.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s of Bread.
- You need As needed of hoagie bun.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise optional.
- You need As needed of kosher pickle.
- Prepare To taste of cayenne pepper optional.
Sloppy Joes with Meatballs step by step
- Take half the sausage and add the fennel seed. Form into tiny meatballs..
- Take the other half of the sausage add the Italian spices. Use half the mixture to form meatballs..
- Add Parmesan cheese and garlic to the last part of sausage mixed with Italian seasonings. Now fry them in batches. No need in keeping them separate this is going to give you layers of flavors..
- Turn as needed if you don't get them done now it's ok they will finish cooking in the sauce when you add them later. Just make sure to get a good cook on the outside to make them firm..
- After you set aside the meatballs. Add the ground beef to the pan. Dice the onion. Add the onion to the beef and brown. Chop the beef as it cooks. This will make the beef be more plentiful in the sauce for a more meaty sloppy Joe..
- Chop the tomatoes, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Salt the tomatoes and add to the ground beef. Stir and sauté for 7 minutes..
- Add the two mustards, and the french dressing. Add the meatballs and stir well..
- After8 minutes add the tomato sauce, sugar, and simmer covered for 12 minutes. Add the tomato paste, and capers, and stir well. Simmer 3 minutes the sprinkle in the red wine vinegar. Cover simmer 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. If the ground beef is high fat skim the top with a spoon..
- Let rest 15 minutes covered. Add mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, and pickle to your buns add the sloppy joe mix. Serve, I hope you enjoy!!!!.