You can have Butter Wafers using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butter Wafers
- It’s 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of salted sweet cream butter, softened.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of margarine, softened.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Butter Wafers step by step
- Put oven rack in center of the oven and preheat to 375°F..
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder using a whisk, then set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine softened butter and sugar..
- Add softened margarine and beat until creamy..
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract completely..
- Slowly beat in flour mixture..
- Using about a teaspoon sized amount of dough, roll it between your hands to make balls..
- Place dough balls onto nonstick cookie sheet..
- Bake in oven for 7-9 minutes..
- Remove pans and let cool for 2 minutes before transferring cookies to a cooling rack..