Ladybirds Onion Bacon Bombs !.
You can have Ladybirds Onion Bacon Bombs ! using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Onion Bacon Bombs !
- Prepare 500 grams of premium beef mince.
- Prepare 3 medium of to large brown skin white onions.
- It’s 20 of rashers bacon roughly.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 cup of grated cheese of your choice.
- You need 2 of sprigs thyme.
- You need 2 of sprigs Rosemary.
- You need 1 of hot chili ~ deseeded and finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of finely chopped basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of finely chopped chives.
- It’s 2 tbsp of finely chopped oregano.
- Prepare 1 dozen of baby spinach leaves ~ finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hot chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of hot chili sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce or sauce of your choice.
- You need 1 of toothpicks to secure the bacon.
- It’s 1 of little oil or oil spray for initial greasing if needed.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic ~ minced.
Ladybirds Onion Bacon Bombs ! step by step
- Preheat the oven to 210•C /425•F..
- Place the chopped herbs , the spices , the chopped chili , the chopped spinach, the minced garlic, the hot sauce into a bowl and mix to combine all..
- Next add the breadcrumbs, the grated cheese and the mince and mix all together thoroughly. Then add the beaten egg and mix to combine all ingredients, cover with plastic wrap and set aside while you prepare the onions..
- Cut both top and bottom ends off the onions and peel off the outer skin layer and first top layer. Now cut the onions in half and carefully remove the onion layers (I find it easier to push the middle out of the onions first leaving the remaining outer onion layers easier to get off whole ) keep the larger outer layers of the onions to form the bomb outer Shell. Separate the onion layers and set them aside in pairs ready to fill ..
- Now take a handful of the prepared mince mix and roll it into a ball form. Now taking a pair of the prepared cut onion layers, place one either side around the mince so it's wrapped in the onion layers. Repeat with all the mince and onion layer halves until all are done..
- Now take the bacon (using the long streaky bacon bits) , about two long pieces for each bomb, and wrap the bacon around the prepared filled onion bombs and secure them on with a toothpick as needed. Repeat with all remaining onion bombs and bacon until all are done and ready..
- Either using a non stick oven tray or lightly grease and oven tray then place the prepared bacon wrapped onion bombs onto the oven tray and place in the oven and cook them for about 45 minutes, depending on their size..
- Five to ten minutes before they are ready remove them from the oven and drizzle them all evenly with the BBQ sauce or sauce of your choice then place them back into the oven for a further 8-10 minutes..
- Once cooked remove from heat, serve on their own or with sides of your choice, serve hot and enjoy. 🙂 ..