Black Iron Skillet Cornbread.
You can cook Black Iron Skillet Cornbread using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Iron Skillet Cornbread
- Prepare of (1) Stick Butter (half softened).
- Prepare of (1 1/2) Cups Milk.
- It’s of (1) Egg.
- Prepare of (1) Tsp Salt.
- You need of (1 1/2) Tsp Baking Soda.
- You need of (1/4) Cup Sugar.
- You need of (1/2) Cup Flour.
- Prepare of (1 1/2) Cup Yellow Cornmeal.
Black Iron Skillet Cornbread instructions
- Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Place a well preseasoned cast iron skillet on middle rack to preheat for 20 minutes..
- 5 minutes before the skillet is done preheating..
- Place all ingredients in mixer including the 1/2 stick of softened butter. (Set the other half of butter aside). Mix on medium for 45 seconds..
- Using mits carefully take the HOT skillet out of the oven. Place the other half of butter in hot skillet. Slowly coat bottom and sides as butter melts..
- Stir cornbread mixture with a spatula after it's mixed to make sure it's well incorporated. Pour mixture into Hot buttered skillet..
- Place skillet back into oven, and bake 18 minutes..
- When done remove skillet from oven and let sit about 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes lift skillet with mit it will still be Hot, turn the cornbread onto a wood butcher block. And let cool but eat warm. If you're skillet is preseasoned correctly you shouldn't have a problem with sticking. Alternatively you can just let it cool in skillet but usually I can't wait that long..