Vegan Spinach and 'Ricotta' Cannelloni.
You can cook Vegan Spinach and 'Ricotta' Cannelloni using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Spinach and 'Ricotta' Cannelloni
- It’s of Cannelloni Pasta (or store bought).
- You need 2 cups of high grade flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of reduced aquafaba (chickpea liquid).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of virgin olive oil.
- You need of Spinach and 'Ricotta' Filling.
- It’s 1 1/2-2 cups of hard tofu crumbled.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soaked cashews.
- You need 3 Tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut yogurt.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 bag of spinach leaves or 5 leaves of silverbeet(stems removed).
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of x 700ml jar of Passata.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need of Silverbeet stems, finely chopped (if using silver beet).
- Prepare of Vegan Parmesan Topping.
- You need 1 cup of mixed nuts/seeds (eg. cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds).
- Prepare 3-4 Tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
Vegan Spinach and 'Ricotta' Cannelloni instructions
- Mix pasta ingredients to make a flaky dough…turn out onto floured surface and knead until a ball of smooth pasta dough is achieved (wet hands or sprinkle more flour as required if dough is too dry or too sticky)….rest the dough for 1/2 hour under damp tea towel…cut into manageable pieces and use pasta machine to roll pasta into lasagne sheets….cut sheets into squares and lay out for filling and rolling….Nb. only half of dough needed for this recipe. Store other half for other meals..
- Marinate crumbled tofu in onion, garlic, and lemon juice for 1 hour…blend cashews, yeast, yogurt and salt…lightly fry tofu mixture over light heat until onions are clear. Allow to cool slightly before combining with cashew mixture in a medium bowl….add shredded spinach and nutmeg…stir to combine…spoon filling onto the lasagne squares and roll them up..
- Saute chopped onion, garlic, and finely chopped silverbeet stems (if using) for 1-2 minutes….put a thin layer of passata sauce along bottom of a rectangular casserole dish…add remainder of passata to the onion mix…shake a bit of water in the jar to remove all sauce and add to frypan…simmer for 5-10 minutes..
- Lay filled pasta rolls, seam side down, into the casserole dish and cover with tomato sauce…top with a sprinkling of vegan 'parmesan' and bake for 45 min at 180 degrees celcius..
- To make vegan parmesan blend all ingredients until a fine powder is achieved. Can store in a jar in the fridge or pantry for lifespan of nuts..