Southern Hush Puppies.
You can cook Southern Hush Puppies using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Hush Puppies
- You need 1 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion chopped small.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk or buttermilk.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Southern Hush Puppies instructions
- Pre heat oil.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Beat egg. Add to dry mixture with most of the milk adding more as needed to create a dough that is moist but not runny..
- Drop mixture by teaspoon in hot oil. Cook 3-5 minutes until golden, turning once during cook time..
- Place on paper towels to cool. Serve with honey, ketchup, tarter sauce or cocktail sauce..