Beer Battered Onion Rings.
You can have Beer Battered Onion Rings using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beer Battered Onion Rings
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 of egg yolks, beaten.
- You need 1 cup of Lager or amber beer is best.
- You need 1 large of sweet onion.
- It’s 1 cup of flour for dredging rings in before dipping in batter.
- You need 1 of oil for deep frying.
Beer Battered Onion Rings instructions
- Combine dry ingredient and mix well..
- Whisk in eggs and beer. Mix well. Refrigerate at least and hour..
- Peel and slice onion to desired thickness. I usually do 1/2 inch slices. Separate slices into single rings..
- Add about 2 to 3 inches of oil in pan. Enough to deep fry rings in..
- Heat oil to 350°F..
- Dredge rings a few at a time into flour then dip in batter mixture..
- Drop separately into hot oil a few at a time. Do not over crowd. Give them room so you can flip easily..
- Fry about 1 minute or until golden brown and flip. Cook other side until golden brown also. Repeat with rest of rings..
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. May sprinkle with salt when fresh out of oil to adhere it to rings..