Mangalore buns. Mangalore buns recipe With step by step photos. Mildly sweet fried bread made with mashed banana, flour and sugar. These sweet banana pooris or Mangalore banana buns as they are known is a.
These puffed, deep-fried delights are a popular tea time snack in Udupi and Mangalore. Mangalore Buns (Sweet, soft, fluffy banana puris from Udupi-Mangalore). Buns is a popular breakfast and tea time snack in Udupi-Mangalore region. You can have Mangalore buns using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mangalore buns
- You need 2 of Ripe Banana.
- You need 1 tea spoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of Maida (All-purpose flour).
- Prepare 1 table spoon of curd (yoghurt ).
- You need Pinch of baking soda.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need of Oil for deep frying.
- Prepare of Coconut chutney.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of roasted channa(Huri kadle)/Roasted peanut.
- Prepare 1 tea spoon of jeera (cumin).
- You need 1 spoon of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 of string of Curry leaves.
- Prepare of Little coriander leaves (cilantro).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Buns are sweet, soft fluffy puris made using banana. Mangalore buns or banana buns recipe explained with step by step pictures and a video. "Mangalore buns" or "buns" is a popular breakfast and tea time snack in Udupi-Mangalore region of Karnataka. " Mangalore – Udupi " these names are often referred together, so they are just like siblings. Today I am posting "Buns" recipe which is popular as "Mangalore Buns" though it is the dish of both Udupi. Mangalore Buns (Banana Poori with Cumin).
Mangalore buns instructions
- Take 2 banana in a big pan/bowl and blend banana to fine paste.
- Add Maida, sugar, curd and salt mix everything together to roti dough.
- Apply little oil on top of it.
- Rest the dough for atleast 8 hrs with closed lid.
- After 8 hrs take small amount of dough (lemon sized) and roll it with rolling pin with the help of little oil.
- Keep oil for deep frying once the oil is hot and fry on medium hot.
- For coconut chutney grind all the ingredients in a mixing jar and grind it.
Sweet and spicy pancakey doughnuts made with Transfer the buns to the prepared baking sheet with a slotted spoon or spider, and repeat with the. Banana puri or Mangalore buns which appear like puri and are spongy with little sweetness have a very unique and special taste. Serve during supper or enjoy eating with chutney or kasundi. Made with bananas, Mangalore buns are a humble yet satisfying snack is a popular item on the breakfast ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಬನ್ನ್ಸ್As far as I know, the Mangalore buns are found only in Mangalore. For more recipes using drop frying and for videos please click following links: Videos with subtitles A traditional tea-time treat from Mangalore, the Banana Puri is a delightful dish that you must try at The mild fruity sweetness of the Mangalore Banana Puri is just awesome and tastes great with a cup.