Three Cheese, Spinach and Ham Cannelloni. Tip spinach into a food processor and pulse. Crumble in goats cheese and half Parmesan, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, then blitz to finely chop everything. Using a piping bag or a plastic food bag with corner cut off, squeeze cheese into the cannelloni tubes.
Spoon or pipe spinach mixture into cannelloni tubes; arrange cannelloni vertically in cooker. Top with remaining passata mixture; sprinkle with pizza cheese. This is one of my go-to freezer meals I make to give to friends, and a great one to make for dinners to cater for both carnivores and vegetarians. You can have Three Cheese, Spinach and Ham Cannelloni using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Three Cheese, Spinach and Ham Cannelloni
- You need of For the filling:.
- You need 2 of big sweet onion chopped.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 22 oz. of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 1 of libra of boiled fresh spinach or frozen chopped spinach.
- Prepare 10 oz of italian style cheese finely shredded.
- It’s 5 oz. of parmesan grated cheese.
- You need 5 oz. of cooked ham finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare of Other ingredients:.
- It’s 18 of crepes (see recipe in Rosanas Ideas).
- Prepare of Authentic Italian Tomato Sauce (see recipe in Rosanas Ideas).
- You need of Bechamel sauce (see recipe in Rosanas ideas).
I make it often throughout most of the year, except perhaps at the very height of summer. Yes, I love cannelloni that much! Spinach and cottage cheese stuffed in tubular pasta or cannelloni covered with oodles of cheese always finds its way in dinner menus! Well made cannelloni cannot be achieved without some effort, but the results are always superb.
Three Cheese, Spinach and Ham Cannelloni step by step
- Preparation of the filling:.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat, add the oil and sauté the onion until they are transparent, let cool.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with pepper, add the onion, spinach, and ricotta, mix well Then add the Parmesan and Italian cheese and ham, mix well all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate the filling for a day so that the flavors are integrated.
- Rolling and cooking of cannelloni:.
- Place the crepe inside a plate Spoon a generous amount of stuffing into one end of the crepe batter, roll up Do the same with all the crepes.
- Cover the base of a large baking dish with Italian tomato sauce.
- Arrange the cannelloni side by side to cover the base.
- Cover the top with plenty of tomato sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit Heat it covered with foil for 30 minutes.
- In a serving dish we place the cannelloni, add italian tomato sauce, bechamel and parmesan cheese to taste, do it individually for each guest. To make this recipe I prepare homemade crepes, you can buy pasta for cannelloni..
Basically there are four separate elements : the stuffing, the fresh. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat. Stuff the mixture into the cannelloni tubes with a I love stuffed cannelloni or manicotti and usually use just cheese and spinach, I have to try your version too. thanks for sharing. For the filling: Cook steamed spinach, drain well and chop fine. Add the eggs, a cup of Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, chopped ham, parsley, salt Cook the cannelloni in boiling water with salt.