Mini Apple Carrot Muffins. This apple carrot muffin recipe is naturally sweetened and gluten free! These hearty apple-carrot muffins make a great grab-and-go breakfast or snack. I have recipes for apple muffins and carrot muffins, but I love this combination of the two.
Great snack for kids and adults alike, and great way to sneak My little Mini Muffins just had her third birthday party. These are called muffins because they get baked in a muffin tin, but they come out more like little cakes, because they are made of ingredients which are. Carrot, apple, and bran cereal bring sweetness and flavor to easy, hearty muffins that are sure to start your day out right. You can cook Mini Apple Carrot Muffins using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini Apple Carrot Muffins
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of wheat flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- It’s 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, shredded.
- It’s 1 of apple, peeled and finely diced.
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
I was looking for a carrot apple oatmeal muffin so I used cup each of flour oats and bran buds cereal. I didn't chop the apple finely but did use small pieces. These carrot apple muffins are sweetened only by fruit. No added sugar, honey, maple syrup or any other sweetener.
Mini Apple Carrot Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and flour mini muffin tin(s). Be sure to cover around the lip of the muffin hole.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together applesauce, egg, milk, oil and vanilla in a separate bowl then stir in carrot and apple.
- Fold in half of carrot mixture into dry ingredients until just combined. Repeat until all ingredients are fully mixed..
- Fold in chopped walnuts to mixed batter.
- Spoon in batter into muffin tin. Fill to the very top.
- Place tins on center rack and bake 20 minutes at 350° until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Cool muffins in the tin completely. Gently wiggle them free once cool.
Guilt free and perfect for These Carrot and Apple Muffins are sweetened only with fruit. They are perfect for breakfast or as a healthy snack. If you are looking for an indulgent, sweet. Not only are these mini muffins great for springtime, they really can serve as a delicious snack anytime of the year. The combination of apple, carrot and coconut make them a balanced and nutritious treat that's perfect whenever you'd like.