Carrot and onion fritters. Indian-inspired Carrot & Onion Bhaji recipe. Normally, onion bhajis are deep-fried and eaten as a snack, but these are oven-baked and oil-free to make them. Carrots, onion and green onions are coated in a thin batter and fried.
Add in the beetroot, carrot and spring onion and combine again. Add enough water to just bind the mixture together. Add these Crispy Onion & Carrot Fritters to dinner for a flavorful, vegetable-packed side dish! You can have Carrot and onion fritters using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot and onion fritters
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper, to taste.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of carrots, grated.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain (AP) flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of chia seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground sage.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil, for frying.
A dollop of cumin yogurt tops it off. Today we're talking all about organic food, how our plates can change the world, and crispy onion & carrot fritters. These Curried Carrot Fritters are extremely easy to make. If you have a food processor be sure to utilize the grating attachment as it makes light work of preparing all of the vegetables.
Carrot and onion fritters step by step
- In to large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix thoroughly..
- Form in to small to medium sized patties..
- Add half of patties to hot frying pan with small amount of oil covering base of pan..
- Fry over medium heat for approx 2-3 minutes each side. Flattening down patties with spatula as they cook..
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce of choice. I used mango chutney. Yum yum! Bon appetit..
A long as you keep the carrot, onion, chickpea flour, flax seed and water at the same ratio the fritters will work. Serve with a dollop of plain greek yogurt and diced green onion. Add zucchini, parmesan, flour, eggs, herbs salt and pepper. Vegetarian quinoa, carrot, coriander and green onion fritters served with yogurt on a plate, horizontal, top view. These sweetcorn fritters are easy to make and completely vegan.