Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad.
You can have Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s 2 sprigs of thyme.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced (use garlic press).
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need 5 of navel oranges.
- Prepare 3 of avocados.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- You need of Lime Juice.
- Prepare of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare leaves of cilantro.
Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad step by step
- Peel the carrots and cut o the bias into long slices about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Grind the coriander and fennel seeds in a coffee mill. Put the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with oil, just enough to lightly coat them. Sprinkle with the ground coriander and fennel seeds, the minced garlic and salt and toss again to mix well. Lay the thyme sprigs on top of the carrots and roast at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes. The carrots should be tender but not mushy..
- While the carrots are roasting prepare the oranges and avocados. Cut the tops and bottoms off the oranges, then peel them, using the knife and cutting down from top to bottom all around the orange; slice the oranges across the grain forming pin wheels of about 1/3 thick; remove the flesh from the skin. cut each avocado half into about 6 wedges. Lightly salt the avocado wedges..
- When the carrots are done, assemble the salads on plates arranging the carrot slices, orange slices and avocado wedges. Put a few cilantro leaves on each salad. Drizzle with a just a little lime juice and then dust with a little bit of smoked paprika. Serve immediately. This salad also works to add cherry tomatoes and little bit of mixed greens..