Mike's 3 Onion 2 Potato Side.
You can have Mike's 3 Onion 2 Potato Side using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's 3 Onion 2 Potato Side
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- You need 4 medium of Each: White & Red Potatoes [cleaned-unpeeled & thin sliced 1/4" with mandolin].
- You need of Pan Vegetables & Seasonings.
- Prepare 1 packages of Lipton Onion Soup Mix [dried].
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Dehydrated Onions.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Purple Onions.
- You need 1/3 cup of Green Onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of Each: Black Pepper – Granulated Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Each: Granulated Garlic – Sea Salt – Dried Parsley.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Garlic Oil Or Cooking Oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Each: Broth Or Water And Light Beer.
- You need of Kitchen Equipment.
- Prepare 1 large of Frying Pan With Tight Fitting Lid.
- You need of Garnishes.
- You need 1 cup of Green Onion [chopped].
- Prepare 1 of Fresh Parsley.
Mike's 3 Onion 2 Potato Side instructions
- Slice potatoes about 1/4" thick. Place in a bowl with chilled water and 1 cup ice for about 20+ minutes..
- Miscellaneous photos of some the items you'll need. Use only 1 of the 2 packets you'll find in your 2 oz Lipton Onion Soup box..
- Add everything in the Pan Vegetables & Seasonings section to a large pan with a tight fitting lid at the ready. Bring contents to a boil..
- Drain and separate potato rounds and add to the same hot pan..
- Steam/fry for 11-15 minutes with lid ON flipping occasionally. Add more fluids [only if needed] but be careful not to drown them..
- Continue to fry potatoes but with lid OFF for about 10+ minutes in order to crisp up the onions and potatoes and burn off any residual fluids. Be careful not to burn the dehydrated onions..
- I'll taste test at this point and decide if I'd like any additional granulated onion, garlic or salt seasonings. Or, if my potatoes have dried out a bit too much for my taste, I'll add another splash of beer and steam my potatoes with lid ON very quickly, then serve..
- Serve hot as a basic side or a main breakfast dish with fried eggs and sausage. Garnish with chopped fresh chives and Parsley. Enjoy!.