Soy Sauce Flavored Chicken in Cream Sauce. Combine sugar, soy sauce, water, garlic, and ginger in a large stock pot; stir until sugar is dissolved. Place chicken in stock pot and bring to a boil. I made a double batch, and put wings and drummies in with some thighs.
You'll find it near the poached chickens, roast ducks, and roast pork. All have their merits, but a Soy Sauce Chicken done right is tough to beat. This easy recipe for baked soy sauce chicken thighs is wonderfully flavorful and definitely keeps Soy sauce: I prefer reduced-sodium sauce. You can have Soy Sauce Flavored Chicken in Cream Sauce using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soy Sauce Flavored Chicken in Cream Sauce
- It’s 1 piece of Chicken thigh.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of packet Mushrooms (king oyster, shimeji, etc.).
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 tbsp of ○ Sake (or white wine if you have it).
- Prepare 100 ml of ○ Heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 of to 1 tablespoon ○ Soy sauce.
- You need 1 of ○ Salt and pepper.
The traditional sauce is too salty, in my opinion. Honey: A small amount to balance out the other flavors. Minced garlic and minced ginger: Mince them. This homemade soy sauce chicken has silky tender meat with a deep savory flavor.
Soy Sauce Flavored Chicken in Cream Sauce step by step
- Cut the chicken thigh into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Finely chop the onion into slightly large pieces. Cut the mushrooms into bite-sized pieces..
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the garlic. Once fragrant, add the chicken and cook until lightly brown. (It doesn't have to be cooked through at this point.) Remove chicken from the pan and set aside..
- Add the onion into the frying pan from Step 2 and sauté until translucent. Place the set aside chicken and mushrooms on top in that order. Pour the sake, cover, and steam over medium heat..
- Once the chicken is cooked through, turn off the heat, add the heavy cream and turn the heat back on. Once heated, add the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper..
- Once everything is well combined, it's done..
- It goes well with rice, but it's perfect as a pasta sauce too. Please give it a shot. It's a very rich sauce, so it will go best with a thick pasta like tagliatelle..
- Tips: The salt flavor tends to be augmented easily in a cream dish, so please make sure to check the taste when seasoning..
- When taking out the chicken at Step 2, please take out the garlic as well (to prevent it from burning)..
- The steaming time after covering at Step 3 is about 3 to 5 minutes..
Learn how easy it is to make this Cantonese dim sum at home and even achieve restaurant taste. Gluten-Free adaptableTo make the dish gluten-free, use tamari or coconut aminos to replace the soy sauce. Over medium heat, add chicken broth to the pan and use a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape the cooked bits of breading and chicken off Approximate nutritional information is for chicken and sauce only. I served it over rice and even added soy sauce to mine. Chinese Soy Sauce Chicken – Typical Cantonese recipe commonly found at Chinese BBQ Soy Sauce Chicken – dark and glossy whole chicken dunked in a soy sauce mix. Turn off heat and let the chicken steeped in the soy sauce mixture for a few hours to soak in the flavor.