Four Cheese Spinach Cannelloni.
You can have Four Cheese Spinach Cannelloni using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Four Cheese Spinach Cannelloni
- Prepare of large bags spinach, washed.
- You need of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare of feta cheese.
- You need of nutmeg.
- You need of salt and white and black pepper.
- You need of Parmesan.
- It’s of dried canneloni tubes.
- Prepare of tomatoes.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced.
- Prepare of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare of balls of buffalo mozzarella.
- You need of creme fraiche.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of Parmesan.
Four Cheese Spinach Cannelloni instructions
- Shake the washed spinach and place in a steamer or large pan on a medium heat, cook until wilted. Squeeze the spinach with a wooden spoon or your hands to remove most of the water. That huge pile of fresh leaves will now be a compact soggy little lump!.
- In a large bowl mix together the ricotta cheese, crumbled feta, and a couple of handfuls of grated Parmsan and a good grating of nutmeg and salt and white and black pepper..
- Select a roasting tray that you can use on the stove top as well as in the oven, and into which the 24 cannelloni tubes will fit. Place this on a medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and fry the sliced garlic, add the basil leaves and the two cans of tomatoes, together with a little water, salt, black pepper and a pinch of sugar if you wish. Break the tomatoes up, then leave to bubble while you stuff the cannelloni tubes..
- Chop the spinach finely and add to the bowl of cheeses. Mix well and check to see if you need to add seasoning, do taste it – you don't want a bland filling. Jamie suggests using a piping bag to get the spinach and cheese mixture into the tubes, but I just use fingers and the end of a teaspoon. This is quite a mindful therapeutic activity that can't be hurried..
- Once the tomato sauce is thick, check for seasoning and remove from the heat. In a bowl mix together the creme fraiche, eggs and Parmesan for the topping, loosen it with a little water and season to taste. Jamie adds two anchovies to his version but I didn't this time. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4..
- Tear the mozarella ball into rough pieces and dot them over the top..
- Ladle or spoon the cream sauce over the top, and then sprinkle over some more grated Parmesan. I added a dash of paprika too..
- Bake in the oven until golden on the top, check the pasta is cooked by inserting the point of a knife into a tube. Allow it to settle for 5 minutes, then serve with a leafy salad..