Tuna Pasta Bake. Confession: I say "Everybody has a can of tuna" but I don't. This Tuna Pasta Bake in these photos is made with Dozer's tuna. 😂. Oh, just to be clear – it's normal human tuna.
Easy Tuna Pasta Bake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. An easy tuna pasta bake recipe that's a proper family favourite. With melted Cheddar cheese on top, it'll guarantee clean plates all round! You can have Tuna Pasta Bake using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Pasta Bake
- It’s 2 of chopped onion.
- You need 2 can of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of sweetcorn.
- You need 2 medium of carrots.
- You need 2 can of tuna in water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder or on crushed clove..
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried basil..
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of suger. to taste.
- It’s 400 grams of dried pasta. macaroni or penn or twills. for this one I used cavatappi.
Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake – a classic meal that everyone loves – made with mostly store-cupboard ingredients! There's something about a pasta bake that just seems to make everyone so happy. This canned tuna pasta recipe is quick, healthy, and comforting. This tuna garlic pasta recipe takes me back to my childhood.
Tuna Pasta Bake step by step
- Cook pasta in lots of water. Leave pasta al denta. Drain rince and cool..
- Fry chopped onion in a little oil. Leave firm to bite..
- Add 2 tins of chopped tomatoes to onions and simmer..
- Add garlic powder, basil, suger and salt / pepper to mix, simmer for 5 mins on low heat. Taste and season to taste..
- Put tin of sweetcorn and 2 tins of tuna in large mixing bowl..
- After tomato mix has simmered add to mixing bowl and mix together. Leave to stand for 15 mins+.
- Add cooked carrots to mix..
- After pasta has drained add to bowl mix together. Leave for at least 3 hours for pasta to soak up juices..
- If pasta has soaked up all the juices and the mix is stiff and dry add passata or more tomatos to loosen. Remember you are going to bake it later..
- Put mix into oven dish or dishes fill to just below the top..
- Grate cheese on top to cover and bake untill cheese golden brown on 200 c Serve with green salad and garlic bread or chill and freeze. Keeps well in fridge or freezer. Microwave to reheat..
- This is the basic recipe but there are lots of variations such as cream cheese stirred into mix before cheese top go's on. Also replace tuna with cooked bacon and fresh cherry tomatoes, and or chicken. Also mix bread crumbs with cheese for crunchy top or cheese and onion crisps crumbled on top and then cheese. You can add peppers to mix and or peas and herbs and spices to your taste. Also my favorite is a layer of cheese sauce on top and then grated cheese. Cheap nutritional and taste great..
My mom used to make something similar when I was a kid, and I just loved it. Tuna Bake without Pasta – In place of pasta, you could use boiled and cubed potatoes for a different Tuna recipe. Most of you might think you know how to make a tuna pasta bake, but to make a GOOD one, it's more than just bunging all. The tuna pasta bake (commonly called "tuna noodle casserole" in the United States) is a classic comfort food. Preparing this recipe from scratch takes a bit of time, but if you're in a rush, there's also.