Cajun Onion-Crusted Tilapia. Our house is in chaos… with some items packed, others are awaiting boxes. I whipped up these Tilapia and I have to admit it was the best Tilapia I've ever had. I really liked the crunch on top that was achieved without having to fry.
Fish crusted in nuts or spices might sound like a fancy restaurant dish, but you can enjoy it at home, the healthy way. Broiled tilapia crusted in herb and drizzled with garlic butter is simply divine in this gluten-free nightshade-free dish. I hope you guys enjoy this Cajun Tilapia and Vegetable Salad as much as we did. You can cook Cajun Onion-Crusted Tilapia using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun Onion-Crusted Tilapia
- You need 6 of tilapia filets.
- It’s 3/4 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 can of crispy fried onions.
- You need 2 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- You need 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground white pepper.
- It’s 1 of sea salt.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
In this video I show you how to fry tilapia in a pan for a low carb recipe. Season tilapia with cajun seasoning and salt. Remove to a plate and cover. Make a lemon butter sauce by adding the lemon juice and butter to the pan. cook a couple of minutes.
Cajun Onion-Crusted Tilapia step by step
- Combine breadcrumbs and dried spices in a mixing bowl. Crush the fried onions into the mixture..
- Whisk 3 eggs and buttermilk together in a small bowl to a smooth consistency..
- Set up a 3 step breading station in the following order. Flour – Egg Wash – Breadcrumbs..
- Use your left hand to dredge each filet in flour and shake off the excess. Drop in the egg wash bowl without getting your left hand wet..
- With your right hand, coat each filet with egg wash, and let the excess drip off before dropping it in the flour without getting flour on your hand..
- Use your left hand, the dry hand, to fully coat each filet. Place each breaded filet on a sheet tray that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray..
- Bake at 400° for approximately ten minutes or until thermometer reaches 145° and breading is golden and crispy..
- Alternatively, you could fry the tilapia..
- Garnish with scallions..
- Variations; Chives, fresh herbs, mustard, shallots, ground coriander seed, ground celery seed, allspice.
This easy panko-crusted tilapia is nicely seasoned with a light mayonnaise and Dijon mustard coating and some basic spices and herbs. In a food processor, combine the panko and fine bread crumbs, paprika, parsley, pepper, onion powder, and salt. Tilapia is a fairly mild fish, so it works quite well with this recipe. Add the rice and brown very slightly. Add the chicken stock and Cajun spice then simmer.