Best Orange Chicken.
You can cook Best Orange Chicken using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best Orange Chicken
- It’s 2-3 lbs of chicken, cut in pieces.
- You need 1 1/2 C of pulp-free orange juice.
- It’s 1/2 C of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry mustard.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 of tblsp cornstarch powder.
Best Orange Chicken step by step
- Dredge chicken in flour and fry lightly until just golden -do NOT use salt- then cover to keep warm and set aside…if you are using bone-in chicken the frying process will take a lot longer and frankly I don't recommend it.
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice and honey, whisk in the mustard and onion powder and Worcestershire…cook on medium high heat until it begins to bubble.
- Make a slurry of the cornstarch and a little cold water, stir into the sauce and continue cooking for a few minutes. You may need to add another teaspoon of slurry -the goal is to thicken the sauce so it coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the cooked chicken and turn to coat..I like to let it stay in the sauce long enough to get medium hot.
- And there you have it! There is plenty of sauce to both coat the chicken and have enough to drizzle over rice or noodles…ENJOY!! ❤️❤️.