Not-exactly Minestrone Soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots Made it for our family of teen boys and we all loved it!
This classic minestrone soup recipe is healthy Minestrone was traditionally made to use up leftover vegetables, so feel free to use any seasonal This minestrone soup was absolutely delicious, followed the recipe exactly and it exceeded all. This is the BEST Minestrone Soup recipe! It is easy, healthy, hearty, comforting, versatile and all made in one pot! You can have Not-exactly Minestrone Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Not-exactly Minestrone Soup
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s of onion, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, chopped.
- It’s of tomato purée.
- Prepare of leek, sliced.
- You need of carrots, diced.
- You need of pepper, deseeded and diced.
- Prepare of chestnut mushrooms, chopped.
- You need of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare of tin chopped tomatoes.
- It’s of vegetable stock. “Marigold” or stock cubes fine.
- You need of dried pasta. I’ve used Trofie but otherwise break large types of pasta into pieces.
- It’s of tin cannelloni beans, drained.
- It’s of cabbage in strips. The core stalk has also been used, diced.
- Prepare of each dried oregano and thyme.
- Prepare of dried basil.
- You need of Grated Parmesan cheese.
I wanted to share this Minestrone Soup recipe with you in the midst of the holidays because not only is it fast, healthy, uses affordable pantry ingredients and seasonal veggies, it is also. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Minestrone Soup Variations: Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale. To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you Keywords: best minestrone soup, instant pot minestrone soup, minestrone soup, minestrone soup crock pot, minestrone soup recipe, vegetarian minestrone soup.
Not-exactly Minestrone Soup instructions
- Heat the oil in a stock pot or large saucepan. Gently fry the onion for 3 minutes, only stirring to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Then stir in the tomato purée, pepper, mushrooms and the leek and continue to fry gently for another 2 minutes..
- Stir in the carrots and continue gently frying for 2 minutes or until all the vegetables are nicely softened but not browned. Add the cherry tomatoes and give it all another gentle stir..
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the stock. Gently but throughly stir, add the oregano, thyme and basil, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, put a lid on and cook for 15 minutes..
- Add the beans and the pasta, stir and continue to cook until the pasta is cooked, around 8-12 minutes..
- Stir in the cabbage and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Then season to taste and serve piping hot, with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese..
This authentic Italian minestrone soup recipe proves that sometimes you can make the best soup dish just with basic ingredients you have in your kitchen. Healthy, homemade minestrone soup made in the slower cooker tastes way better than The Olive Gardens! This Minestrone recipe is filled with nutrition. This slower cooker minestrone soup is probably going to be the easiest thing you're ever going to cook. Minestrone (Soup): Hello everyone and welcome to my first instructable in which I will illustrate will ever try minestrina (and – between you and me – you won't be missing out much, as this is not exactly a gourmet Minestrone – usually prepared from freshly available vegetables, the ingredients to make.