Sophie's bacon, brie and red onion tarts. This puff pastry recipe for Cranberry Brie Tarts with Bacon & Red Onion brings savory and sweet together in the most delectable way! Tuck the cheese pieces in between the onion pieces. The perfect Onion Tart recipe for light lunches.
Crispy savory tart made with puff pastry, caramelized onions, and gorgonzola and brie cheeses. The original caramelized onion pizza recipe is from Marilyn and Jeff's friend Bonnie Stern, Canadian author of several cookbooks. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. You can have Sophie's bacon, brie and red onion tarts using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sophie's bacon, brie and red onion tarts
- You need 1 of beaten egg.
- Prepare 1/4 of red onion, finely chopped and browned.
- It’s 80 grams of bacon, finely chopped and browned..
- Prepare 100 grams of brie, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 6 of circles of shortcrust pastry approx 1" wider than the base of your muffin tins. About the size of a mug is usually right..
To assemble the tartlets, spoon some of the red onion mixture into each pastry circle and top with a piece of brie. These Bacon and Onion Tarts are not dissimilar to a mini quiche. They're simple to make, and utterly delicious. Best of all, you can cook them prior to your So, you can see – these Bacon and Onion Tarts really are so simple to prepare.
Sophie's bacon, brie and red onion tarts step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C..
- Place the circles of shortcrust pastry into the bottom of muffin tins. I use silicon ones, but if you aren't, then lightly grease them. Press the pastry into the molds..
- Evenly distribute the bacon, brie and onion into the pastry..
- Mix your garlic powder, egg and salt and pepper..
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the cups of pastry, being careful not to over fill. It didn't matter if it doesn't completely cover the bacon and brie – in fact, it's nice to have these poking out a little, as they brown and taste lovely..
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown..
- Great hot or cold!.
I look forward to sharing more ingredient combinations for these. The custardy batter for this dish, a cousin of Yorkshire pudding, puffs like an enormous popover in the oven. This Cranberry Brie Tart with Pancetta & Thyme is a unique appetizer that's perfect for the holidays! It's a delicious twist on a traditional baked brie. In this episode of We Heart Food we show you how to make onion chutney, brie and bacon stars, perfect to impress the whole family this festive season.