Shingled sweet potatoes with Harissa. Slice sweet potatoes crosswise on a mandoline ⅛" thick. Recipe from Bon Appetit, and it's too good not to share🤤.…» Enter, shingled sweet potatoes with harissa. Putting taste aside for a second, this is a superior sweet potato aesthetic—layered discs of sweet potatoes This particular recipe leans a bit spicy thanks to a mixture of harissa, olive oil, and white wine vinegar.
Toss with harissa paste, olive oil, salt and pepper then spread out on a baking sheet. Now, the harissa paste looks dark and foreboding, but trust me! It's really that color because of the chile peppers that are in it. You can have Shingled sweet potatoes with Harissa using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shingled sweet potatoes with Harissa
- It’s 2/3 cup of plus 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of plus 2 tbsp harissa sauce paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar, divided.
- Prepare 3 1/4 lb of medium sweet potatoes, peeled.
- You need of Kosher salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of pistachios.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
For crispier sweet potatoes, try soaking them for at least an hour in cold water. Try experimenting with cutting them different widths to see how you like them best – just make sure that each These healthy, baked skinny sweet potato harissa fries are a little spicy and have lots of flavor from the harissa. This Chickpea Sweet Potato Stew is very versatile. The harissa roasted sweet potatoes would be a perfect side dish for meats roasted or braised in a North African style, but they played really well with this fairly pedestrian lemon-herb chicken too.
Shingled sweet potatoes with Harissa step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk 2/3 cup of oil, 2/3 cup Harissa, 1 tablespoon vinegar in a large bowl to combine. Slice sweet potatoes crosswise on a mandoline 1/8 inch thick..
- Add to bowl with mixture and toss to coat; season with salt..
- Arrange sweet potato so they are standing upright in concentric circles in a 2 quart baking dish packing tightly..
- Roast, brushing any accumulated mixture in dish on to sweet potatoes every 10 to 15 minutes until soft and starting to brown on top, about one hour..
- Meanwhile, Toss pistachios, sesame seeds, and fennel seeds on a small baking sheet. Toast alongside sweet potatoes until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to spice mill or mortar and pestle and coarsely ground. This mixture is called dukkah, set this aside..
- Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons harissa and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a small bowl. remova sweet potatoes from oven and brush with oil mixture. Sprinkle with reserved dukkah..
- Dukkah can be made three days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature..
Let the harissa sweet potatoes cool to room temperature and they'll make a great addition to a hearty salad. Smoky, earthy, and fragrant seasoned with North African Spices. Here's a quick and flavorful meal that will fill your home with deliciousness – Sheet-Pan Harissa Chicken and Sweet. Make veg the star with these impressive sweet potato jackets to serve as a vegetarian main or showstopping When the potatoes are ready, split in half lengtways and put them on plates. Add a spoonful of harissa yogurt into each potato, then drizzle over some.