Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth. Green beans are the unripe, young children and protective pods of various cultivars of the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris). Immature or young pods of the runner bean (Phaseolus coccineus). Aid in Obesity If you are looking for a new low-calorie food addition to your.
Give this veggie a flavorful upgrade. Green beans, string beans, wax beans, and snap beans are all, essentially, the same thing. Little differences, mainly in color and shape, separate one type from another. You can have Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth
- You need of RICE.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter/margarine.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of French style frzn gr beans.
- You need 2 medium of Onions(1&¼ for the rice the remaining ¾ for the fish).
- Prepare 1 of Salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sundried tomatoes blended together w oven-roasted garlic (tomatoes came in a jar packed in olive oil, roast the garlic then put it into the fp w the tomatoes & blend til paste like consistency, put back in jar, this way the r garlic won't go bad!).
- You need 2 cup of Instant brown rice.
- You need 2 cup of Pre-made chicken broth(like if you pre-boiled some chicken for baking or something. Or you can use water or store bought broth or use vegetable broth, I like to use homemade.).
- It’s of Fish.
- You need 1 of Use the same chicken broth, enuf to cover the filets..
- It’s 8 medium of Tilapia filets(mine were frzn).
- Prepare 3/4 medium of Onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of Salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of Garlic powder to taste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of (or, more or less to taste) lemon juice!.
- You need 1 of A couple dahes of chili oil.
- You need 1 of A couple dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Spanish paprika towards the end for taste, & then to garnish..
- Prepare 1 of A couple dashes of hot sauce.
All of these green beans are. Green beans are also called string beans. They are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, among other important nutrients. They are a favorite among most families and are a part of many delectable dishes.
Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth step by step
- FOR THE RICE: put the butter/margarine & the gr beans into a rice cooker. Turn the rice cooker on to start thawing the beans. Meanwhile, dice up 1&¼ of the onions up, (thinly slice the remaining ¾ for the fish).
- Once you hv the onion diced, add it to the beans. Stir it around a bit, then add the salt & pepper. Stir some more. Now add the tomatoes & stir. Mix well. Turn off cooker til you hv added the rice & broth..
- Next, add the rice & the broth, making sure to mix it well so you get everything well incorporated. Put on the lid & turn it on..
- FOR THE FISH: (I did mine on the stovetop. You can bake it if you like, just note that it might hv a different flavor or texture.) In a lrg skillet, add the broth, fish, & onion. Turn the burner on medium-med high. (note that the fish may overlap each other, this is ok.).
- Next, add your salt & pepper & garlic powder..
- (stir the rice & check on the doness.).
- Now you can add in the lemon juice, worcestershire, & the chili oil(can be replaced by red pepper flakes if you don't hv any oil.).
- Let this come to a boil. (it'll cook pretty fast once it starts boiling.) No need to flip the fish, just let them cook for now..
- Finally, check to see if your rice cooker has turned off (or over to warm), if it has, stir the rice & check the rice for doneness, & to see if it needs more liquid or not. Add if needed. Next, check on the fish. (note: fish will fall apart, this is suppose to happen! Instead of trying to flip the filets, just stir the fish til you hv lrg broken chunks of fish. Taste for seasoning lvl. Add more seasonings @ this time if they are needed..
- @ this time, if everything is done, add the paprika & let cook for another 2-3 min. Then add in a dash or 2 of hot sauce if desired..
- To serve, mound some of the rice in the center of a bowl & ladle some of the fish w broth on top then add a little extra broth over the whole thing..
Bean farmers harvest green beans while the beans are still in their pod before they have had a chance to mature. This is one of a collection of articles on the health benefits of popular foods. Green beans, also called snap beans or string beans, are a staple in many kitchens across the United States. They're a beloved side dish at family potlucks, holiday meals, and nightly dinners. Green bean plants are either pole varieties that grow long vines or low-growing bush types.