Sig's 2 Bean, Spinach and Garlic Soup.
You can cook Sig's 2 Bean, Spinach and Garlic Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's 2 Bean, Spinach and Garlic Soup
- Prepare 750 ml of fresh vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 can of borletti beans, drained weight about 150 grams.
- You need 1 can of cannelloni beans , drained weight about 150 grams.
- It’s 6 of waxy small potatoes cut into quarters.
- Prepare 250 grams of fresh baby spinach leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of raspberry or red wine vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of of olive oil.
- You need 1 of to 2 slices of medium cut white bread.
- You need 3 of or 4 large cloves of smoked garlic if possible, if not available use ordinary.
- It’s 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 large of hardboiled egg, whites only.
Sig's 2 Bean, Spinach and Garlic Soup instructions
- Add the potatoes to a pot with 500 ml of the stock..
- Drain the beans into a sieve and run under cold water until the water runs clear add to the pot with the potatoes and boil for ten or so minutes..
- Add the spinach , there is no need to chop it as it will wilt then add the vinegar and let it gently boil for another ten minutes..
- Chop the peeled garlic into halves and pull the bread into bits. Heat the olive oil in a pan , brown both the garlic and bread together but do not burn , remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Hard boil your egg, cool and separate white from yolk, (only egg white to be used).
- When drained put into a blender with the spices and blend roughly.
- Then add the hardboiled egg white only blend again.Now add the rest of the stock to this mixture and blend until it becomes a glossy light coloured cream.
- Pour this gently into your soup. This will thicken your soup ..
- Let boil until it is thick like a broth ..
- Season with salt if needed , serve with rustic bread ..