Rigatoni pasta pie. While you're at it (see, you'll do all this at the same time, and your sauce will simmer while you prepare the pie.), cook that rigatoni until it's. A Rigatoni Pasta Pie recipe that is not only impressive but easier to make than you'd think. A pasta pie that hits your eye and your stomach thanks once again to Martha Stewart.
Cook your pasta until slightly underdone. Follow the package instructions, but slightly undercook it. Just rigatoni pasta, melted mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and fresh basil. You can have Rigatoni pasta pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rigatoni pasta pie
- Prepare 1 lb of rigatoni pasta.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 1 of ⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper.
- It’s 1 (28 ounce) of can good quality crushed tomatoes.
- It’s of Butter for pan.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 8 ounces of coarsely grated mozzarella cheese.
The magic behind this elegant and eye-catching dish is actually really simple: layer rigatoni pasta stuffed with. Rigatoni (riggies) pasta is paired with chicken and spicy peppers in a creamy red/white sauce. This pasta dish is a twist on the traditional bruschetta appetizer. We like to use rigatoni or shell pasta.
Rigatoni pasta pie step by step
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until slightly underdone (I cooked mine for 12 minutes when the box indicated 14 minutes). One pound of pasta should be cooked in 6 quarts of water, make sure you are using a big enough pot so the pasta doesn't stick together. When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside..
- Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more..
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes..
- Toss pasta with Parmesan cheese. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta..
- Push the meat sauce into the pasta holes filling each one up. Stuffing the meat into the holes is a weirdly satisfying task. Enough said..
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold..
- Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have..
- Serve with garlic cheesy bread inside salad.
And all that separates you from a big ol' slice of this savory satisfaction is Perhaps the most laborious step to this eye-popping pasta pie is getting the rigatoni stacked in the. Rigatoni Pasta Pie Soo original and ingenious…it looks like a cake. Use your skills and try to make this recipe with this special design, especially if you want to surprize someone. Let it rest for a few minutes. Use a knife to go around the edge of the pan to loosen the pie.