Pesto Cavatappi (curtesy of "cooking w/ cristina" and noodles & co.).
You can have Pesto Cavatappi (curtesy of "cooking w/ cristina" and noodles & co.) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pesto Cavatappi (curtesy of "cooking w/ cristina" and noodles & co.)
- You need 3/4 box of cavatappi noodles (i used a whole box and sub. elbow noodles).
- It’s 1/2 pints of grape tomotoes~*sliced in half length wise* (i used a 10 oz. pack).
- Prepare 1/2 pints of sliced mushroom (i sliced multiple times to make smaller pieces).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of white wine (i used barefoot pinot grigio).
- It’s 1/4 cup of cream (i used half n' half).
- You need 7 oz of pesto.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (i added about a tablespoon or so more to make veggies tender).
- You need 1 bunch of shredded parmesan cheese.
Pesto Cavatappi (curtesy of "cooking w/ cristina" and noodles & co.) step by step
- Cook pasta as directed on packaging..
- While pasta is cooking, saute the tomatoes and mushrooms in about a tablespoon of EVOO..
- When the pasta is almost done, add the wine to the tomatoes and mushrooms and reduce for 2 minutes. Then add the cream to the tomatoes and mushrooms and reduce for another 1-2 minutes. Add the pesto and stir well..
- Drain pasta and add to the pesto mixture. Stir very well and let sit a minute to soak up the pesto..
- Plate and top with shredded parmesan.
- ~***(optional)*** ~I looked up a recipe for parmesan crusted chicken and added it to the pasta like you are able to at noodles & co.*** ~ slice the crusted parmesan chicken into small pieces and add to pasta.