Tomato onion chutney. Onion Tomato Chutney – Easy Recipe with no tempering and with flavors of onions. Both the versions of tomato chutney taste good and go well with South Indian Snacks like Idli, Dosa, Vada or. Tomato Onion Chutney is one of the popular chutney prepared in several states of South India.
Though I make it same as my mom in law, it turns out yummy but never the same. Aj calls this as 'Orange' chutney. Onion Tomato Chutney – Best South Indian Chutney For Dosa, Idli. You can have Tomato onion chutney using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato onion chutney
- It’s 1 of onion large chopped.
- You need 1 of Tomato large chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh turmeric.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut grated.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander leaves chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
Onion Tomato Chutney is a delicious spicy tangy South Indian chutney dip of onion, tomato, red chilies and coriander leaves. The Tomato Onion Chutney Recipe makes a perfect side dish recipe along with Dosa, Idli, Upma, Cheela or even works as a sandwich spread. Instructions for making tomato onion chutney Chop garlic, onion and tomato. Next add in chopped onion and fry until soft.
Tomato onion chutney instructions
- heat oil in a pan.
- add chopped ginger, garlic, turmeric, and green chilli. if fresh turmeric is not available then use turmeric powder instead. Fry for a couple of minutes..
- add chopped onion and fry until translucent.
- add coconut and fry for a couple of minutes.
- add tomato and fry until soft.
- add salt to taste and chilli powder and fry for a minute.
- add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. turn off the heat.
- wait till it cools down, and grind in a blender until smooth..
- serve with hot idlis or dosas.
This tomato and onion chutney is not one. Chutney is an excellent accompaniment to Indian meals, plowman's lunches, sandwiches and any other savory dish you like to add a bit of sweetness. Tomato Onion Chutney Recipe (with Step by Step Photos). Tomato onion chutney is ready; serve it with steamed idli or paper dosa or moong beans dosa. This Onion Tomato Chutney Recipe is usually my quick-fix chutney that uses no coconut which means it doesn't require me to defrost the coconut and it goes especially well with idli and dosa.