You can cook Hushpuppies using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hushpuppies
- You need 4 of egg whites.
- You need Tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced fresh OR dry onion.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s of Enough milk to make a stiff batter you can spoon out. About 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups give or take.
- Mix everything well in a mixing bowl. Let sit. It will rise and fluff a little..
- On medium heat, using a spoon, dollop mix into hot oil gently. Oil needs to come up the pan about an inch. Brown first side then flip and brown the other side. When deep golden brown remove and salt lightly..