Basbousa with rose & orange blossom water. Tasty World – Mess Makes Food. By Teacher Asma Basbousa basbousa recipe basbousa recipe basbousa recipe Basbousa with. Basbousa – An Egyptian Kiss- VEGANׁ.
Basbousa is basically a simple semolina cake drenched in sugar syrup. I have flavored the syrup with lemon and rose, a winning combination, don't you think so? See more ideas about Basbousa recipe, Semolina cake, Recipes. You can have Basbousa with rose & orange blossom water using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basbousa with rose & orange blossom water
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of fine semolina.
- Prepare 1 & 1/2 cup of coarse semolina.
- Prepare 1 cup of Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 100 gm of butter ,melted.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh coconut, grated.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 & 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tbsp of rose water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of orange blossom water.
- Prepare 1 of lemon zest.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Tahini.
- It’s as needed of sliced almonds for garnishing.
- You need of Ingredients for the syrup.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 &1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rose water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of orange blossom water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
Basbousa, an Egyptian semolina cake with yogurt is one of the best Egyptian desserts that comes out fairly quick. Authentic Egyptian basbousa recipe that is soft and stays soft. Meera Sodha's vegan recipe for basbousa, or Algerian love cake. When the cake is cooked, pour over remaining syrup.
Basbousa with rose & orange blossom water instructions
- Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade.Grease a 9"×13" baking pan with tahini..
- In a bowl beat together eggs,sugar,lemon zest and vanilla extract until light and fluffy..
- Add yogurt, oil, melted butter and the flavoured waters..
- In another bowl mix together semolina(fine and coarse),coconut, baking powder,baking soda and salt..
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until all the ingredients are well combined..
- Pour the batter into the greased pan. Even the top out and garnish with sliced almonds..
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden on top and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean..
- Remove the pan to a cooling rack.Poke a few holes in the cake and pour the cold syrup on the cake. Cover the cake with a clean towel/ cloth for 2-3 hours. Refrigerate and let the cake cool overnight in the refrigerator before slicing..
- For the syrup.
- In a saucepan add cold water,sugar, cardamom powder and lemon juice.Boil until the sugar is dissolves completely.Turn the heat off add add the flavoured waters. Stir through and let cool completely in the refrigerator until ready to be poured over the cake..
Leave cake to cool in tin, then cut as scored. Serve cake with strawberries in rose syrup with a spoonful of extra yogurt. Basbousa is a pastry typical of the Middle East, North Africa and the Balkans made from semolina This pastry is called basbousa, but it is also called harissa, aricha, harissa hloua, revani, rabani, kalb. Learn how to make basbousa, a traditional Middle Eastern cake that's made from semolina flour and Basbousa (Semolina Cake). Basbousa or sweet semolina cake flavoured with rose water and lemon syrup is very popular in Basbousa is a very classic dessert in the Middle Eastern countries as well as the countries along the.