Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy.
You can have Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy
- Prepare of Hamburger Steaks.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- It’s 1/8 tsp of pepper (or to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of thinly sliced onions.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worchestershire sauce.
- It’s of Gravy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of and a splash of cooking sherry.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Hamburger Steak w/ Onions & Gravy step by step
- In a lg. bowl mix together ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt & pepper, onion & garlic powders, and worchestershire sauce. Form into 8 balls and flatten into patties..
- Heat oil in a lg. non-stick skillet over medium heat. Fry patties and onions until patties are nicely browned, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove patties to a plate and keep warm..
- Sprinkle flour in onions and drippings. Stir in flour with a wisk scraping the bits off the bottom of pan as you stir. Gradually stir in beef broth and sherry. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer and stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes until gravy thickens. Turn heat to low, return patties to gravy, cover & simmer another 15 minutes..