Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne. Sausage and colorful bell peppers in a tomato sauce are served over penne pasta in this simple weeknight dish. All Reviews for Sausage and Pepper Penne. Serve sausage and pepper cooked in tomato over your pasta – a wonderful meal.
Atkins welcomes you to try our delicious Sausage and Peppers over Penne recipe for a low carb lifestyle. Get started by browsing our full list of In a large skillet heat oil over medium-low heat. Indeed, Cajun Chicken Pasta with Sausage just seemed like a natural choice! You can have Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne
- Prepare 1 lb of package of Hot Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 2 of Green bell peppers (Chopped).
- Prepare 2 of White Onion (Chopped).
- Prepare 12 oz of tomato basil sauce (half a jar).
- Prepare 14 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 14 oz of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped hot peppers.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped jalapenos.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 box of penne to serve over.
- Prepare of Notes.
- Prepare of I use B&G Hot Chopped Peppers and Cento Diced Jalapeno Peppers.
Quick and easy dinner is always something I have on my mind. Although I made mine using Penne pasta (like Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta penne dish), you can also use linguine here. Additionally, rigatoni is a popular option. Sautéed sausage, peppers and onions are mixed with traditional Italian sauce to make a flavorful topper for hot cooked pasta.
Sausage and Peppers (Cajun) over Penne step by step
- Decide how you'll be cooking the sausage. If oven baking you want to prep them now. If you decide to grill them you can do that while the chili simmers..
- In a large pot, start cooking the ground beef over medium heat. When the beef is almost done, drain the fat and add the chopped peppers and onions..
- Add the tomato basil sauce, crushed and diced tomatoes, seasoning and hot peppers and jalapenos. Keep the heat at medium until the mixture begins to boil..
- Cover and put on low heat after boil. Cooking time should be around 45 minutes. Check the sliced peppers for tenderness. If you like your sausage whole or sliced, you can add them now to the pot..
- This recipe can be served over an entire box of penne pasta. But depending on your preference start by cooking half a box..
- Once "chili" is done, serve over cooked penne and enjoy!.
Sausage and peppers and onions will keep for several days in the fridge. I added more herbs such as chili powder, paprika, and a little bit of cajun seasoning. Cajun Sausage with Peppers and Onions, served over spaghetti! Learn how to make Penne with Peppers and Sausage. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat.