Apples and Oranges Barbecued Chicken.
You can have Apples and Oranges Barbecued Chicken using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apples and Oranges Barbecued Chicken
- It’s of Barbecue Sauce Mixture————-.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow prepared mustard I used French's.
- It’s 1 cup of Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
- You need 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1/2 cup of loosely packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1 of large orange just the pulp see directions below.
- It’s 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- You need of Deglaze——————.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple juice.
- You need of Chicken and Spices—————-.
- You need 2-1/2 pound of chicken thighs skin on and bone in.
- It’s As needed of kosher salt to cover chicken both sides.
- Prepare As needed of ground black pepper to cover both sides.
- You need As needed of ground paprika to cover both sides.
- You need As needed of granulated garlic powder to cover both sides.
- It’s As needed of nonstick spray.
Apples and Oranges Barbecued Chicken step by step
- Spray nonstick in the pan. Place the chicken in and season the skin side up. Let this cook 12-15 minutes..
- Mix the mustard, ketchup, and light brown sugar..
- Turn the chicken and add spices to the second side. This will be the first time you turn the chicken after it has cooked 12-15 minutes on the first side. Let this side cook 10-12 minutes undisturbed..
- Peel your orange.
- Add the liquid smoke and white sugar..
- Take the inner "skin" off and just keep the pulp..
- Set the chicken on a plate to deglaze the pan..
- Add the orange pulp. Stir breaking up the pulp. Cook the sauce mixture stirring often..
- Remove the chicken and deglaze the pan with the apple juice.
- Get it simmering add to sauce mixture..
- Add the chicken back and coat each part of it. Let it rest for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.