Chicken and Potato in Sweet Soy Sauce. These chicken tenders get their irresistible savoriness from a soy sauce marinade and an extra-crispy exterior from a coating of flour and cornstarch. The tenders and a side of roasted Japanese sweet potatoes—a magenta-skinned variety known for its sweet flavor and starchy texture—are even more. Caramelized Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken Drumsticks – a.k.a.
Lay the cubed sweet potato in the bottom of a casserole dish. Lay the chicken thighs over the sweet potatoes and pour all of the. Mix together the Sauce Thickening ingredients and add to the saucepan. You can cook Chicken and Potato in Sweet Soy Sauce using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Potato in Sweet Soy Sauce
- Prepare 4 pieces of chicken.
- It’s 2 of potatoes, cut into several pieces.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlics, smashed and chopped.
- You need of Some salt.
- It’s of Some pepper.
- Prepare of Chicken powder.
- It’s as needed of Some water,.
- It’s of Some sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare of Some oil.
Simmer until it it thickens to a syrup consistency. Toss the chicken in the sauce and serve over rice. Sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis) is a sweetened aromatic soy sauce, originating in Indonesia, which has a darker color, a viscous syrupy consistency and a molasses-like flavor due to the generous addition of palm sugar. Add in the chicken and peanut sauce and stir to coat.
Chicken and Potato in Sweet Soy Sauce instructions
- Add the oil in a pan. Then fry the potato pieces until cooked through and golden brown. Take them out and set aside..
- Then add about 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add the garlics and stir until fragrant..
- Then add the chicken. Stir to combine and wait until the turn in colour..
- Then add some water. Let it simmer..
- Add in the potatoes. Mix again..
- Add in the seasonings and soy sauce. Taste test and let them penetrate through..
- Turn off the heat when everything is ready..
NOTE: Add additional water if sauce is too thick to coat. Hearty Potatoes in a Savory Soy-Based Sauce. The ingredients are simple and require very little effort other than scrubbing the potatoes clean. The potatoes are basically simmered in a savory and sweet soy sauce mixture and are best served as a side dish to other Japanese dishes. Chicken drumettes, potato, carrots, and onion simmer in a spicy sauce that goes best with white rice.