Rice pudding with spices – meghli. It is a delicious rice pudding spiced with anise, cinnamon and caraway and garnished with shredded coconut and nuts. Meghli, a cinnamon-spiced rice pudding is a traditional Lebanese dessert. This dessert is most popularly served to celebrate the birth of a new child in a family.
In Lebanese culture, when you find out you are having. The traditional Lebanese rice pudding called meghli is a vegan, gluten, and dairy-free dish that is traditionally consumed to celebrate the birth of a baby. It is also said that the brown color of the spiced pudding is symbolic for the richness of soil, while the rough texture of the nuts on top represents. You can have Rice pudding with spices – meghli using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice pudding with spices – meghli
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 9 cups of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of caraway powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of aniseed powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of fennel powder.
- Prepare of For garnishing:.
- It’s 1 cup of coconut powder.
- It’s 1 cup of raw almonds or walnuts.
- It’s 3/4 cup of raw pine nuts.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes. Dies zeigt an, auf wie viele Portionen dieses Gericht zugeschnitten ist. Lebanese rice pudding spiced with cinnamon and caraway, Meghli (Moghli) is a delicious celebratory dessert served after the birth of a new baby & during Christmas. Meghli is an authentic and traditional Middle eastern/Arabic sweet dish made from rice and caraway, anise and cinnamon.
Rice pudding with spices – meghli step by step
- In a pot, put the rice powder with 2 cups of water. Stir them for 3 minutes..
- Add the remaining 7 cups water, the spices and the sugar to the pot and put it on high heat. Start stirring immediately as you put the pot on heat..
- Continue stirring continuously until the mixture thickens. Turn off heat..
- Pour in small serving cups and wait until the meghli cools completely before placing the cups in the refrigerator..
- To serve, garnish with a layer of coconut powder, pine nuts and almonds or walnuts..
Siyadieh is a savoury rice dish from south Lebanon cooked with fish, fried onions and fragrant spices, then garnished with caramelized onions and toasted. Meghli (Moghli or Karawya ) is a traditional dessert in Levantine countries. It is basically a rice pudding that is spiced with anise, caraway and cinnamon then decorated with an assortment of nuts. This caraway spice pudding is usually made and served when a family welcomes a new baby. Rice pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins.