Penne alla Vodka. This penne alla vodka is tender penne pasta tossed in a rich and delicious tomato, vodka and cream sauce. Add a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and you'll have a restaurant quality meal in the comfort. Here's the secret to how we made our favorite Penne Alla Vodka recipe at Delish.
It's easy to add chicken and makes a great freezer food! Nowadays this recipe is considered out of fashion in Italy. Penne Alla Vodka – perfectly hearty and tender penne pasta is tossed with a creamy and vibrant, San Marzano tomato based and vodka infused sauce that's seasoned with fresh herbs and parmesan. You can have Penne alla Vodka using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Penne alla Vodka
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 pinch of hot pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vodka.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Fresh basil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmiggiano reggiano.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 pound of uncooked penne pasta.
Add vodka, dried basil, red pepper flakes, and salt. Penne Alla Vodka from Barefoot Contessa. While vodka itself does not provide any. The absolute best penne alla vodka anywhere!!
Penne alla Vodka instructions
- In a non stick pan over medium heat, sauté the onion in the olive oil for 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute, add the hot pepper flakes, oregano and stir to combine. Add the vodka and cook until it’s reduced by half..
- Add the crushed tomatoes and reduce the heat to low, cook partially uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. Meanwhile fill a large pot with water add in a generous sprinkle of salt and bring it to a boil..
- After the 45 minutes season the sauce to taste and add the heavy cream. Turn the heat up to medium and let it cook uncovered for 8 to 9 minutes. This is the perfect time to add the pasta to the salted boiling water..
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, turn the heat off and add a few fresh basil leaves and the grated parmiggiano. Stir to combine and serve right away..
Creamy, rich, tomato, vodka sauce, with proscuitto. I Guarantee you will love this dish. Penne Alla Vodka – A creamy, indulgent pasta made with tomatoes, cream, & vodka. Penne Alla Vodka is an Italian restaurant staple. It may seem complicated, but its actually really easy to make.