Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies). How to make Buttery Pecan Snowball Cookies. These delectable cookies are so very easy to make. First cream the butter and the powdered sugar until How to freeze and thaw Snowball Cookies aka Russian Tea Cakes and Mexican Wedding Cookies.
Get the full written recipe here. Growing up, my mom and dad have always loved making family traditions for my two little sisters and I. For our I've never known of any other cookie to take on so many names (Mexican wedding cakes, Russian tea cakes, snowball cookies, Swedish teacakes. You can have Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies)
- You need 1 cup of butter softened.
- You need 1/2 c of powder sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 c of finely chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1 c of powdered sugar for dusting.
These Mexican Wedding Cookies (also known as Snowball Cookies or Russian Tea Cakes) are buttery, melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Snowball Cookies (Mexican Wedding Cookies) are a festive holiday treat! Full of pecans, butter and sugar for melt-in-your-mouth cookies. Loaded with toasted pecans to give a little extra crunch and flavor to each ball.
Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In stand mixer cream butter and powdered sugar. Turn to low and mix in salt, vanilla, flour and pecans. Roll into one inch balls. Place on parchment covered baking sheets a few inches part. Bake for 11 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool just enough to handle them. Pour 1 cup powdered sugar in large Ziploc bag. Gently add 3-4 cookies at a time and roll them gently in the bottom of the bag. Use fork to scoop under each cookie and gently shake to remove excess powdered sugar. Place on cooling racks. Once completely cooled roll in powdered sugar bag again.
The hallmark of the cookie is it's powdered sugar coating. These pecan snowball cookies (also known as Mexican wedding cookies or Russian tea cakes) are incredibly buttery and easy to make. I love how easy these cookies are to make. Mexican Wedding Cookies are buttery pecan cookies rolled in confectioners sugar, making them look just like snowballs. They are the perfect Christmas cookie, add them to your holiday baking list this year.