Sausage and Pepper Penne Pasta. Sautéed sausage, peppers and onions are mixed with traditional Italian sauce to make a flavorful topper for hot cooked pasta. Serve over the pasta and sprinkle with the cheese. Sausage and colorful bell peppers in a tomato sauce are served over penne pasta in this simple weeknight dish.
We are making an easy one pot pasta dinner in the Instant Pot. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss to combine, adding cooking liquid as necessary to moisten. You can cook Sausage and Pepper Penne Pasta using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage and Pepper Penne Pasta
- Prepare 2 of medium green bell peppers (diced).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (diced).
- It’s 1 cup of fresh mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1 lb. of turkey sausage.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 14 1/2 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 3 cups of whole wheat penne pasta.
- You need 6 tbsp of grated parmesian cheese.
Serve hot, topped with Parmesan if desired. Sausage with peppers and pasta is a popular Italian-American restaurant favorite. This version is easy to make; spicy Italian sausage and seasoned Italian tomato sauce add lots of flavor. Like Parmesan, Asiago cheese is a firm, aged grating or shredding cheese.
Sausage and Pepper Penne Pasta instructions
- Cook penne according to directions on box..
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add green pepper, onion, mushrooms and garlic; cook on medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until almost tender, about 7 to 8 minutes..
- Remove turkey from casings; add turkey to skillet and brown until no longer pink, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Add red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper and oregano; stir in tomatoes. Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes..
- Put sausage and vegetables over penne and top with parmesan cheese..
This rich and flavorful Sausage & Pepper Pasta will fill you up, feed a crowd, and save you a dollar. This recipe is a good example of that technique. Pasta with smoked sausage simmered in tomatoes and bell peppers. While sausage and tomatoes are simmering, cook penne according to package directions. Penne pasta with spicy sausage, peppers, onions, and Parmesan cheese.