Spinach Roll Dressed in Sesame and Soy Sauce. Blanched spinach dressed in a savory nutty sesame sauce, this Japanese Spinach Salad with Sesame Dressing (Spinach Gomaae) is a healthy veggie side dish that goes well with everything. Spinach or green beans are often dressed in sesame sauce in Japanese cuisine. Grinding the sesame seeds for the dressing brings out their nutty flavor and toasty aroma.
It is super quick to make, but very nutritious and tasty. It's best to make your own ground sesame using Suribachi (mortar) and Surikogi. Spinach in sesame dressing. (Steve Brown / Hachette). You can cook Spinach Roll Dressed in Sesame and Soy Sauce using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach Roll Dressed in Sesame and Soy Sauce
- You need 1 bunch of Spinach.
- It’s 3 of sheets Nori seaweed.
- You need of Sesame Soy Sauce Dressing.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Roasted sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mirin.
Toast the sesame seeds in a dry saucepan over medium heat and transfer to a large mortar and pestle with the sugar. Cook Spinach in boiling water until just wilted. Drain quickly and rinse in very cold water. Serve at room temperature, dressed in soy sauce and sesame oil to taste.
Spinach Roll Dressed in Sesame and Soy Sauce instructions
- Parboil the spinach in boiling water or wrap in plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes at 600 W. Soak in water, then squeeze out the water..
- While the spinach is in the microwave, combine the sesame and soy sauce dressing ingredients..
- Lay sheets of nori as shown in photo, and place the spinach from Step 1 at one end..
- Roll up the spinach..
- After rolling the spinach, let it sit until it sets with the nori seaweed..
- Cut sections at ends of each piece of nori, and then into six equal pieces..
- Transfer to a serving dish..
- Pour the dressing from Step 2 on top right before serving. Bon appetit!.
This is a great Asian-style dressing for a pasta salad. Spinach Salad Recipe Tips and FAQs. How to dry spinach without a salad spinner? I absolutely love my salad spinner. Spinach Salad with eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers, sesame seeds and easy healthy salad dressing.