Bacon Jalapeno Penne and Cheese.
You can have Bacon Jalapeno Penne and Cheese using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Jalapeno Penne and Cheese
- Prepare 8 ounces of uncooked Penne pasta.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter or vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground mustard.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of jalapeno pepper -chopped finely no seeds.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk or half and half or cream:).
- Prepare 6 ounces of cheddar cheese- shredded (about 1 1/2 cups).
- You need 2 ounces of Parmesan cheese- grated.
- It’s 2 ounces of cream cheese.
- You need 6 strips of Thick cut- Hickory smoked bacon- cooked and chopped.
- You need 2 ounces of cheddar cheese- shredded about a 1/2 cup for topping.
Bacon Jalapeno Penne and Cheese instructions
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350º F..
- 2. Cook Penne pasta per the package directions..
- 3. Melt the butter in 3 or 4 quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, black pepper, ground mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and paprika and jalapeno..
- 4. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbling..
- 5. Slowly while stirring add the milk. Bring to a boiling and turn down to a simmer stirring constantly..
- 6. Add the 6 ounces of cheddar, all the Parmesan and cream cheese and stir until the cheese is melted. Taste to adjust seasonings if needed before mixing..
- 7. Gently stir in the, bacon and Penne pasta into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle the remaining 2 oz. of cheddar on top..
- 8. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned to your liking..